The guide is also available in other languages! To change the language, please press the icon at top right and change your language.
What is “homebrew”?
Homebrew refers to software not authorized by Nintendo. This can include games, utilities, emulators and much more!
Running homebrew on your Nintendo Wii can be done for free by exploiting bugs in Wii’s software. The modifications installed by following this guide will give you easy and persistent access to Wii homebrew.
What can I do with homebrew?
Here’s a list of things you can do using homebrew. While this list is by no means totally comprehensive, you should have a good idea of what is possible, and the guide will help you easily get started.
- Patch game disc contents (allowing you to load game modifications) using Riivolution.
- Install themes to your Wii Menu using MyMenuify.
- Install WiiFlow or USB Loader GX to launch all your favorite games from a USB storage device.
- Back up your discs with CleanRip and installed games and titles with Yet Another BlueDump MOD.
- Back up and restore your Wii save files with SaveGame Manager GX.
- Back up and restore your GameCube save files using GCMM.
- Download new homebrew apps with the Open Shop Channel.
- Restore discontinued online services using RiiConnect24, Wiimmfi and WiiLink.
- Backup and restore copies of your Wii system memory (NAND) using BootMii.
- Protect your Wii from bricks then add hacks to your Wii Menu using Priiloader.
- Turn your Wii into a media player with WiiMC.
Get started by choosing your exploit!