This tutorial will explain how to update your Wii Menu to version 4.3, as you can no longer use the updater built into the Wii Menu since the servers are no longer up.
What you need
Section I - Downloading
Your Wii must be modded in order to perform this. If it isn’t, then it’s best to follow the guide first before doing this.
To protect against bricks, make sure you install Priiloader. Also, install BootMii (as Boot2 if you have an early Wii, otherwise IOS). Installing brick protection along with following the guide correctly should keep you safe from bricks. DO NOT CONTINUE UNTIL YOU HAVE INSTALLED PRIILOADER AND BOOTMII!
- Extract the .zip file for NUS Downloader vWii and open the application.
- Go to
0000000100000002 - System Menuand select the version corresponding to your region as shown in the table below.
- Make sure
Pack WADis checked.
Start NUS Download!.
- Open the
0000000100000002-> (Wii Menu version) and copy the .wad file to a folder called
wadon your SD Card or USB drive.
- (If you have RiiConnect24, you can skip this step) Repeat steps 2-5 with
0000000100000050 - IOS80->
|Region||Wii Menu version|
Section II - Installing
You use the +Control Pad to use this tool.
- Put your SD card or USB drive in your Wii.
- Launch the Homebrew Channel on your Wii.
- Launch Wii Mod Lite.
- Using the +Control Pad on your Wii Remote, navigate to
WAD Manager, and then navigate to the
- Press A to install the IOS80. [
Make sure the installation is successful, otherwise abort.]
- Press A to install the Wii Menu WAD.
- After they are successfully installed, press the HOME Button to exit back to the Homebrew Channel.
- Launch IOS58 Installer.
- Follow the instructions to install IOS58.
Continue to Priiloader Installation
Priiloader adds a level of brick protection, and we recommend it.