RiiConnect24 allows you to use discontinued services from WiiConnect24, which include the News, Forecast, Everybody Votes, Nintendo and Check Mii Out Channel, along with Wii Mail.
This guide is for regular Wiis only.
It’s recommended to set your Wii to the current time before proceeding. Follow this tutorial in order to set it.
DO NOT INSTALL RIICONNECT24 ON A WII MINI! It will not work and it will brick the system.
What you need
- An SD card or USB drive
- A Wii with an Internet connection
- A computer
- RiiConnect24 Patcher (Windows, Mac and Linux)
Section I - Using RiiConnect24 Patcher
- Click the link above to go to the GitHub page where the patcher is.
RiiConnect24Patcher.batif you are on Windows, and
RiiConnect24Patcher.shif you are on a Unix system
- On Windows run
RiiConnect24Patcher.bat. On Unix systems, open Terminal and type
bash, then drag
RiiConnect24Patcher.shinto the terminal then press enter. It should look like this:
- Press 1 to choose “
Start” and confirm your selection by pressing
ENTER. (NOTE: These screenshots are from the Windows version of the patcher.)
- Select the device you’re patching for.
- For this guide, choose “
Install RiiConnect24 on your Wii”
- Choose “
Express (Recommended)”. It will give you everything you need.
- Select your region.
- While you’re at it, RiiConnect24 Patcher can additionally download some other optional channels that do not use RiiConnect24.
[X]represents the options that selected. Just press 5 and
ENTERif you’re not interested.
- Connect your SD Card or USB Drive to your computer and select “
- If your device was detected successfully, select “
1”. If not, make sure there’s a folder called
appson your SD Card or USB Drive and try again.
- Be patient…
- After it’s done, we would appreciate if you take a minute to send anonymous feedback to us. If you don’t want to, close the patcher. All the files should already be on your SD Card.
- If it did not copy everything automatically to your SD Card or USB Device, copy the
appsfolder next to
RiiConnect24Patcher.batto your SD Card or USB Device.
Section II - Installing WADs
You will now install the patched IOS and Channel WADs that are required to use RiiConnect24.
- Put your SD card or USB drive in your Wii.
- Launch the Homebrew Channel on your Wii.
- Launch Wii Mod Lite.
- Using the +Control Pad on your Wii Remote, navigate to
WAD Manager, and then navigate to the
- Highlight all the WADs in the folder by pressing the + Button to select them. When all of the WADs are selected, press A twice to install the WADs.
- If you get an error saying a title with a higher version is already installed (error -1035), go back to the WAD selection menu and press the - Button on the highlighted WAD to uninstall it, then try installing it again.
- After they are successfully installed, press the HOME Button to exit back to the Homebrew Channel.
Section III - Patching nwc24msg.cfg
You will now patch your
nwc24msg.cfg file which is required in order to use Wii Mail.
- Launch RiiConnect24 Mail Patcher.
- It should only take a few seconds to patch your nwc24msg.cfg. When it’s done, press the HOME Button to exit.
Section IV - Connecting
The old DNS server
18.104.22.168 has been deprecated as of
June 1st, 2023 and is no longer available to use. Read more here.
You will now set your DNS to our servers. This is optional but it’s recommended, because it enhances the use of RiiConnect24 and Wiimmfi by making some other features available.
- Go to
- Go to
- Go to
Page 2, then click on
- Go to
- Select your current connection.
- Go to
- Go to
Auto-Obtain DNS(Not IP Address), then select
- Type in
22.214.171.124as the primary DNS.
- Type in
126.96.36.199as the secondary DNS.
Confirm, then select
OKto perform a connection test.
- If the connection test was successful, select
Noto skip the Wii System Update.
- Go to
WiiConnect24again, and make sure it is enabled.
- Back on the WiiConnect24 menu, go to
Standby Connectionand make sure it is enabled.
Slot Illumination, we recommend you set the disc light to
Bright, but this is optional.
- Finally, go to the
Yes. Please read through this.
It’s common to get error FORE000006 on the Forecast Channel after installing RiiConnect24. If you get it, make sure your Wii’s to the correct date and time, then wait no more than an hour and it may start working. If you still get error FORE000006 or if you get NEWS000006, you will need to delete your SYSCONF with RC24-Clear-Tool.
If you get error 107245, then you have not installed the patched IOS. Make sure you install IOS31 and IOS80 with Wii Mod Lite, along with any other patched WADs.
If you get error 220602 when loading the User Agreements, it means your Wii is still configured to use the old DNS server, which has been shut down on
June 1, 2023. Read more here.
If you get error 107304 or you see Nintendo’s User Agreement without RiiConnect24’s logo, that means your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or network is blocking the use of a DNS. You can set
Auto-Obtain DNS to
On to solve this. RiiConnect24 will still work without it. Or, you can use our DNS-Server program.
If you’re getting any other errors with the Forecast Channel or the News Channel, such as an error code starting with FORE or NEWS or a discontinued message, you can try to delete your VFFs with RC24-Clear-Tool.
If you’re getting errors such as
WiiConnect24 and Wii Shop Channel currently not being offered in your country, go to Wii Settings -> Last Page -> Country and change it to United Kingdom. You will get this error when using a country that we don’t support. Contact us at [email protected] if you need more help.
Continue to WiiLink
WiiLink lets you use the Japanese-exclusive channels known as Wii no Ma and Digicam Print Channel. This is optional to install.
Continue to Wiimmfi
Wiimmfi lets you play games online after the discontinuation of Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. This is optional to install.
Continue to site navigation
We have many other tutorials that you might like.