If you want to use the Everybody Votes Channel, you must follow this tutorial even if you already have the Everybody Votes Channel on your Wii, because you will need a patched WAD.
What you need
Since we can’t legally direct link the link to the WAD on this tutorial, we have to tell you how to navigate to the link.
For the Everybody Votes Channel, you can delete the save file if you want or move it to your SD Card if you want to have a fresh start. Also, if you get 231000 in the Channel, restart and try again.
- You will now get the Everybody Votes Channel. It needs to be installed even if you already have the Everybody Votes Channel on your Wii, because you will need a patched WAD you reinstall with.
- Go to the 1st Google result (the one with “We Hack Wii” in its title) that shows up when you clicked the link for the Everybody Votes Channel in the “What you need” section.
- Look at the orange text in the header of the site saying “Can’t find it here”? Click the link that says to go to a repo.
- You should see a folder with Channels in it. It might be overwhelming, but it has links to Channels that are hard to find. If you don’t know what you’re doing, don’t go crazy and install them, especially foreign Channels or ones you don’t know what they do.
- Go to the “Everybody Votes Channel” folder, then go to “Patched”. Download the WAD corresponding to your Wii’s region.
- Copy the WAD to your SD Card.
- Insert your SD card into your Wii, open the Homebrew Channel, and launch Wii Mod Lite.
- Using the +Control Pad on your Wii Remote, go to
WAD Manager, and then navigate to the
- When the Everybody Votes Channel WAD is highlighted, press A to install the WAD.
- If you get an error saying a title with a higher version is already installed (error -1035), go back to the WAD selection menu and press - on the highlighted Everybody Votes Channel WAD, then try installing it again.
- After they are successfully installed, press the HOME Button to exit back to the Homebrew Channel.