WiiLink lets you use the Japanese-exclusive channels known as Wii Room, the Digicam Print Channel, and the Food Channel again.
What you need
- An SD card or USB drive
- A Wii with an Internet connection
- A Windows or Unix based computer
- WiiLink Patcher
Section I - Patching WADs
If you want to see detailed instructions on how to install the WADs, click here!
WiiLinkPatcher-Windows.batif you are on Windows, and
WiiLinkPatcher-Unix.shif you are on a Unix system
- On Windows run
WiiLinkPatcher-Windows.bat. On Unix systems, open Terminal and type
bash, then drag
WiiLinkPatcher-Unix.shinto the terminal then press enter. It should look like this:
- Press 1 to choose “
Start” and confirm your selection by pressing
- For this guide, choose “
Install WiiLink on your Wii”
- Follow the on screen instructions to select which versions of the available channels you would like.
- Connect the SD Card or USB Drive to your computer and select “
- If your device was detected successfully, select “
1”. If not, make sure there’s a folder called
appson your SD Card or USB Device and try again.
- It may take a moment for the patcher to download the files to your SD Card or USB Drive.
- Once it’s done, you can safely close the patcher. All of the files are ready on your SD Card.
- If it did not copy everything automatically to your SD Card or USB Device, copy the
appsfolder next to
WiiLinkPatcher.batto your SD Card or USB Device.
- Put your SD card or USB drive in your Wii.
- Launch the Homebrew Channel on your Wii.
- Launch Wii Mod Lite.
- Using the +Control Pad on your Wii Remote, navigate to
WAD Manager, and then navigate to the
- If your Wii is not a Japanese region, install
WiiLink_SPD(vWii).wad(Depending on console) before anything else. This is required so that we know your email address to send files.
- Highlight all other WADs with
WiiLinkin the name and press + to select them. When all of them are selected, press A twice to install the WADs.
- If you have previously installed the RiiConnect24 versions of the Forecast Channel and the Nintendo Channel, installing WiiLink’s will overwrite them.
- After they are successfully installed, press the HOME Button to exit back to the Homebrew Channel.
Section II - Adding your email to Set Personal Data
Adding your email to Set Personal Data will allow the Digicam Print Channel to send images to your email that you created using it.
- Launch Digicam Print Channel from your Wii’s home menu.
- On the bottom right, press
Address settingsand then
- Click on
Email Addresswithin SPD and type in your email address. (make sure you put it in correctly or it will not work!)
- Once you are in the SPD main menu, choose
Choose Channelmenu. After you’ve done that, it should work!
For PAL (European Wiis)
In Wii Settings please set TV Resolution to 60 HZ (480p/480i). You can find this in
Screen -> TV Resolution If you do not, a pink bar will appear at the bottom of the screen obscuring vision.
Continue to RiiConnect24
RiiConnect24 allows you to use discontinued services from WiiConnect24, which include the News, Forecast, Everybody Votes, Nintendo and Check Mii Out Channel, along with Wii Mail. This is optional to install.
Continue to Wiimmfi
Wiimmfi lets you play games online after the discontinuation of Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. This is optional to install.
Continue to site navigation
We have many other tutorials that you might like.