RiiConnect24 Clear Tool
For support in English, ask for help at RiiConnect24 on Discord.
If you need help for anything regarding this tutorial, please join the RiiConnect24 Discord server (recommended) or e-mail us at [email protected].
RiiConnect24 Clear Tool is a homebrew application that can fix these specific errors and issues:
- Discontinued Message
- Clears out Wii mailboxes in case they are full (this can fix Wii Mail)
What you need
- An SD card or USB drive
- RiiConnect24 Clear Tool
Section I - Backing up Wii Message Board Data (Optional)
- Open the Homebrew Channel and open WiiXplorer.
- Go to
nandand click on
Boot Settings, then
NAND Write Access, and select
- Click on
titleand then navigate to the
00000001folder and then the
00000002folder, then the
- Hover over
cdb.vffand press +, then select
- Go to the SD card and hover over a blank space, then press
Section II - Deleting SYSCONF
- Extract the RiiConnect24 Clear Tool and put it in the apps folder on your SD card or USB drive.
- Open the Homebrew Channel and then launch the RiiConnect24 Clear Tool.
- Load IOS 80 and press A to delete the SYSCONF, then press B to confirm and reset the aspect ratio.
- Set up the Wii as normal and go to
WiiConnect24, accept the EULA and turn on the standby connection.
Section III - Putting back Wii Message Board Data (Optional)
- Go back to the Homebrew Channel to open WiiXplorer and navigate to
Boot Settings, and select
NAND Write Accessand
- Hover over
cdb.vffagain and press + button, then select
OKand navigate to
- Press + again and then
Paste, and then
Section IV - Synchronizing Wii Time
- Open sntp to set the Wii’s clock accurately.
- Finally, do a connection test and try accessing the Forecast Channel and News Channel to ensure the errors have been fixed.
Return to RiiConnect24 installation page