You need an Internet connection in order to use this application.
The Open Shop Channel is where you can go to get homebrew apps. It’s a revival project for an app called Homebrew Browser.
What you need
- An SD card or USB drive
- Homebrew Browser
- Extract the Homebrew Browser and put it in the
appsfolder on your SD card or USB drive.
- Insert your SD card or USB drive into your Wii. You can now launch the Homebrew Browser from the Homebrew Channel if you want to.
Here are some recommended apps that you can get on the Open Shop Channel:
- CleanRip - This is a tool to dump Wii and GameCube games. See our page for more details.
- GCMM - This is a GameCube memory card manager for your Wii.
- MyMenuify Mod - This is a tool to install themes for your Wii Menu. See our page for instructions on how to use it.
- Nintendont - This is a GameCube game loader for your Wii. For more information, please see this GBAtemp thread.
- SaveGame Manager GX - This is a save manager for your Wii. It allows you to copy save files and Miis to and from your Wii.
- USB Loader GX - This is a USB Loader for your Wii. See our page for instructions on how to use it.
- WiiFlow Lite - This is another USB Loader for your Wii. See our page for instructions on how to use it.
- WiiMC-SS - This is a media player for your Wii. It supports movies, music, photos, radio stations, YouTube, and more.
- WiiXplorer-SS - This is a file manager for your Wii. It lets you access your files on your SD Card, USB Device, and more.
- YABDM - This is a tool to dump content installed on your Wii to WAD files. See our page for instructions on how to use it.
Continue to RiiConnect24
RiiConnect24 allows you to use discontinued services from WiiConnect24, which include the News, Forecast, Everybody Votes, Nintendo and Check Mii Out Channel, along with Wii Mail. This is optional to install.
Continue to WiiLink
WiiLink lets you use the Japanese-exclusive channels known as Wii no Ma and Digicam Print Channel. This is optional to install.
Continue to Wiimmfi
Wiimmfi lets you play games online after the discontinuation of Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. This is optional to install.
Continue to site navigation
We have many other tutorials that you might like.
Included in the Homebrew Browser download is a guide on how to use the Homebrew Browser.