This guide will help you install RiiConnect24 on your Dolphin installation.
This guide is for Dolphin Emulator only.
DO NOT INSTALL RIICONNECT24 ON A WII MINI! It will not work and it will brick the system.
What you need
- A computer with either Windows 10 or newer or any Unix-based system
- A Beta or Development version of Dolphin Emulator
- RiiConnect24 Patcher
Section I - Installing Dolphin
If you have Dolphin already installed, skip to Section II.
- Download the latest Dolphin Beta or Development version.
- Extract the .7z file using a program like 7-Zip or WinRAR.
- Start Dolphin.
- In Dolphin, go to
Perform Online System Update-> Choose your region.
Section II - Installing RiiConnect24
If you use a Windows version before Windows 10, you unfortunately cannot use WiiConnect24 inside Dolphin. You can use this program to run it instead.
- Click the link above to go to the GitHub page where the patcher is.
RiiConnect24Patcher.batif you are on Windows, and
RiiConnect24Patcher.shif you are on a Unix system
- On Windows run
RiiConnect24Patcher.bat. On Unix systems, open Terminal and type
bash, then drag
RiiConnect24Patcher.shinto the terminal then press enter. It should look like this:
- Press 1 to choose “
Start” and confirm your selection by pressing
ENTER. (NOTE: These screenshots are from the Windows version of the patcher.)
- For this guide, choose “
Install RiiConnect24 on your Dolphin Emulator”
- Choose “
Express (Recommended)”. It will give you everything you need.
- Select your region.
- While you’re at it, RiiConnect24 Patcher can additionally download some other optional channels that do not use RiiConnect24.
[X]represents the options that selected. Just press 5 and
ENTERif you’re not interested.
ENTERto start patching.
- Be patient…
- After it’s done, we would appreciate if you take a minute to send anonymous feedback to us. If you don’t want to, close the patcher. All the files should already be on your SD Card.
- In Dolphin, go to
Install WAD. Install all the WAD files one by one.
Section III - Setting your Region
Setting your region is required to use the Everybody Votes Channel.
If you have imported your Wii’s NAND backup, the default Region Select will probably work.
- Download and unzip AnyGlobe Changer v1.0.
- Drag the
boot.dolfile on to the Dolphin window.
- Wait a few seconds, then press 1 to continue.
- Select your region and sub-region, then select
When you go back to the Everybody Votes Channel, the country & region names will appear blank. This is normal.
Unfortunately, Wii Mail doesn’t work in Dolphin yet.