These instructions will assume you’re using an SD card to mod your Wii with, but you can use a USB storage device instead. However, to use the exploits, LetterBomb requires a SD card, and BlueBomb requires a USB storage device.
This guide is for the original Wii only, with the latest firmware (4.3). Do not use this on a Wii U (vWii)! If you want to install homebrew on vWii, follow this tutorial.
Choose an exploit to use
- str2hax - Exploit that uses the Wii EULA (Recommended, no SD card nor Channel required, but requires changing the DNS settings)
- FlashHax - Exploit that uses the Internet Channel (No SD card required)
- LetterBomb - Exploit that uses the Wii Message Board (SD card required)
- BlueBomb - Exploit that uses Bluetooth (Neither SD card nor Wifi required)
- Requires a computer with Bluetooth and GNU/Linux, as well as a USB drive
- This is the only exploit that works on the Wii mini