RiiConnect24 Wii Guide
Have you wanted to go online, yet miss Nintendo WFC after shutdown? Fear no more, as Wiimmfi is here to save the day!
CTGP-R (Mario Kart Wii)
MrBean35000vr’s amazing CTGP-R distribution, the application that allows you to use a set of custom tracks, has automatic Wiimmfi patching. Go to the ChadSoft Website for the download!
Homebrew (Disc) Application
MrBean35000vr (you may know him as the creator of CTGP-R) has created a Wiimmfi Disc Patcher that allows you to insert a disc and let it automatically (temporarily; you have to run the patcher each time) patch the game for Wiimmfi use!
You will need:
- An SD card.
- Homebrew Channel installed (you should already have this installed)
- Bean’s Wiimmfi Disc Patcher
- Extract autowiimmfipatcher0.4.zip to the root of your SD: the
bslugfolders must be on the root of SD.
- Go to Homebrew Channel, run the app, and insert your disc (you can insert it before or after launch, it doesn’t matter).
- Wait for patch to complete, and it’ll begin! Notice: The Mario Strikers Charged patch and Animal Crossing Wii fix are implemented in v0.4, so please do not worry.
However, you may not want to run a patcher each time, and maybe you already use a USB Loader. As such, ISO Patchers were created, some for specific games.
You will need:
- Your copy of your game (WBFS, ISO, cISO, and other forms that a Wii can use are supported).
- Wiimm’s Disc Patcher: You need this one if you’re patching Mario Kart Wii, this one if you are patching Animal Crossing Wii, or this one for any other.
- A USB Loader, cIOS, and a USB to store the game on (you should already have these if you’re using a USB Loader)
- Extract the patcher of your poison (read: choice) to a folder, and place your game ROM in.
- Run the patch script for your OS: usually it will end in
.batfor Windows and
- Once it’s finished, get the version out of the
wiimmfi-imagesfolder (it may be in the folder before the patcher - ../wiimmfi-images) and copy it back to your USB.