This tutorial will explain how to update your Wii Menu to version 4.3, if you have already homebrewed your Wii.
It is much safer to use ModMii (Windows only) to update your Wii to 4.3.
What you need
Section I - Downloading
Your Wii must be modded in order to perform this. If it isn’t, then it’s best to follow the guide first before doing this.
- Extract the .zip file for NUS Downloader Wii and open the application.
- Go to
0000000100000002 - System Menuand select the version corresponding to your region as shown in the table below.
- Make sure
Pack WADis checked.
Start NUS Download!.
- Open the
0000000100000002-> (Wii Menu version) and copy the .wad file to a folder called
wadon your SD Card or USB drive.
- Repeat steps 2-5 with
- After you have copied all 3
.wadfiles, eject your SD card/USB drive from your PC and put it back into your Wii.
|Region||Wii Menu version|
Section II - Installing
- Power off your Wii. Start holding RESET, then turn it back on.
- In the Priiloader menu, select
- If the Priiloader menu does not appear, please install it immediately. Priiloader is required for this guide.
- Launch YAWM ModMii Edition.
- Select your SD card or USB drive.
+to one the IOS80 and IOS58 WADs to highlight them, then press A twice to install.
- Navigate to the Wii Menu WAD and press A twice to install it.
- When prompted to retain Priiloader, press A to confirm.
- After they are successfully installed, press the HOME Button to exit back to the Homebrew Channel.