WiiLink and all of its services (such as Wii no Ma) are not controlled or operated by RiiConnect24.
WiiLink lets you use the Japanese-exclusive channels Wii Room and Digicam Print Channel, and in the future will let you use the Demae Channel again.
What you need
- An SD card or USB drive
- A Wii with an Internet connection
- A Windows or Unix based computer
- WiiLink Patcher
Optional: Wii Patcher
The Wii Patcher will not work on Dolphin. If you are a Dolphin user, please use the other patchers.
If you use the Wii Patcher, you will not need to use our other patchers.
- Download the WAD based on your console. For Wii it will be
WiiLink_Patcher_Wii.wad. For vWii it will be
- Place the WAD in the
WADfolder on your SD Card/USB.
- Insert your SD Card/USB in your Wii
- Install the WAD using Wii Mod Lite or any other WAD Manager.
- Launch the
WiiLink Patcherchannel from the Wii Menu.
- Select the channel you would like to download.
- Select the language you would like to download.
- If all worked, the channels should be on your Wii Menu.
Section I - Patching WADs
- Download the required files based on your OS. On Windows, run
WiiLinkPatcher.bat. On Unix systems, launch terminal and type sh, then drag the
WiiLinkPatcher.shinto the terminal and press enter.
- Press 1 to choose “
Start” and confirm your selection by pressing
- For this guide, choose “
Install WiiLink on your Wii”
- Select your region.
- Connect the SD Card or USB Drive to your computer and select “
- If your device was detected successfully, select “
1”. If not, make sure there’s a folder called
appson your SD Card or USB Device and try again.
- Be patient…
- Once it’s done, you can safely close the patcher. All of the files are ready on your SD Card.
- If it did not copy everything automatically to your SD Card or USB Device, copy the
appsfolder next to
WiiLinkPatcher.batto your SD Card or USB Device.
- Put your SD card or USB drive in your Wii.
- Launch the Homebrew Channel on your Wii.
- Launch Wii Mod Lite.
- Using the +Control Pad on your Wii Remote, navigate to
WAD Manager, and then navigate to the
- If your Wii is not a Japanese region, install WiiLink24_SPD.wad before anything else. This is required so that we know your email address to send files.
- Highlight all other WADs with
WiiLink24in the name, and press + to select them. When all of them are selected, press A twice to install the WADs.
- After they are successfully installed, press the HOME Button to exit back to the Homebrew Channel.
Section II - Adding your email to SPD
Adding your email to SPD will allow channels like Digicam and Demae to send files like images or links to you.
- Launch Digicam Print Channel from your Wii’s home menu.
- On the bottom right, press
Address settingsand then
- Click on
Email Addresswithin SPD and type in your email address. (make sure you put it in correctly or it will not work!)
- Once you are in the SPD main menu, choose
Choose Channelmenu. After you’ve done that, it should work!
For PAL (European Wiis)
In Wii Settings please set TV Resolution to 60 HZ (480p/480i). You can find this in
Screen -> TV Resolution If you do not, a pink bar will appear at the bottom of the screen obscuring vision.
Continue to RiiConnect24
RiiConnect24 allows you to use discontinued services from WiiConnect24, which include the News, Forecast, Everybody Votes, Nintendo and Check Mii Out Channel, along with Wii Mail. This is optional to install.
Continue to Wiimmfi
Wiimmfi lets you play games online after the discontinuation of Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. This is optional to install.
Continue to site navigation
We have many other tutorials that you might like.