RiiConnect24 allows you to use discontinued services from WiiConnect24, which include the News, Forecast, Everybody Votes, Nintendo and Check Mii Out Channel, along with Wii Mail.
The Unix Patcher is finally out! This means that users of macOS and all types of Linux distributions are able to natively use the RiiConnect24 Patcher.
This guide is for the original Wii only.
- Follow this tutorial if you’d like to install RiiConnect24 on a vWii (the Wii mode of your Wii U).
- Follow this tutorial if you’d like to install RiiConnect24 on the Dolphin emulator.
There is no guide to installing RiiConnect24 on a Wii Mini, as attempting to install RiiConnect24 on a Wii Mini will result in a console brick.
What you need
- An SD card or USB drive
- A Wii with an Internet connection
- A computer
- RiiConnect24 Patcher (Windows and Unix)
If you still can’t run RiiConnect24 Patcher, please send us a mail at [email protected]
Section I - Downloading RiiConnect24 Patcher
- Click the link above to go to the GitHub page where the patcher is.
RiiConnect24Patcher.batif you are on Windows, and
RiiConnect24Patcher.shif you are on a Unix system
Section II - Patching IOS
- On Windows run
RiiConnect24Patcher.bat. On Unix systems, open terminal and type
bash, then drag
RiiConnect24Patcher.shinto the terminal then press enter. It should look like this
- Press 1 to choose “
Start” and confirm your selection by pressing
- Select the device you’re patching for.
- For this guide, choose “
Install RiiConnect24 on your Wii”
- Choose “
Express (Recommended)”. It will give you everything you need.
- Select your region.
- While we’re at it, RiiConnect24 Patcher can additionally download some other optional channels that are not RiiConnect24 oriented.
[X]represents option selected. Just press 5 and
ENTERif you’re not interrested.
- Connect the SD Card or USB Drive to your computer and select “
- If your device was detected successfully, select “
1”. If not, make sure there’s a folder called
appson your SD Card or USB Device and try again.
- Be patient…
- After it’s all done, take a minute to send feedback back to us. Make sure to attach a message, we read every one of them! It’s anonymous. If not, close the patcher. All the files should already be on your SD Card.
- If it did not copy everything automatically to your SD Card or USB Device, copy the
appsfolder next to
RiiConnect24Patcher.batto your SD Card or USB Device.
- Put your SD card or USB drive in your Wii.
- Launch the Homebrew Channel on your Wii.
- Launch Wii Mod Lite.
- Using the +Control Pad on your Wii Remote, navigate to
WAD Manager, and then navigate to the
- Highlight all WADs with
RiiConnect24in the name, and press + to select them. When all of them are selected, press A twice to install the WADs.
- If you get an error saying a title with a higher version is already installed (error -1035), go back to the WAD selection menu and press - on the highlighted WAD to uninstall it, then try installing it again.
- After they are successfully installed, press the HOME Button to exit back to the Homebrew Channel.
Section III - Patching nwc24msg.cfg
You will now patch your
nwc24msg.cfg file which is required in order to use Wii Mail.
- Launch RiiConnect24 Mail Patcher.
- It should only take a few seconds to patch your nwc24msg.cfg. When it’s done, press HOME to exit.
If you were unable to patch your nwc24msg.cfg correctly, e-mail us at [email protected].
Section IV - Connecting
In this section, you will set your DNS to our servers. It’s optional but recommended, because it enhances the use of RiiConnect24 and Wiimmfi by making some other features available.
- Go to
- Go to
- Go to
Page 2, then click on
- Go to
- Select your current connection.
- Go to
- Go to
Auto-Obtain DNS(Not IP Address), then select
- Type in
184.108.40.206as the primary DNS.
- Type in
220.127.116.11as the secondary DNS (if it gives you problems, try
Confirm, then select
OKto perform a connection test.
- If the connection test was successful, select
Noto skip the Wii System Update.
- Go to
WiiConnect24again, and make sure it is enabled.
- Back on the WiiConnect24 menu, go to
Standby Connectionand make sure it is enabled.
Slot Illumination, we recommend you set the disc light to
Bright, but this is optional.
- Finally, go to the
Yes. Please read through this.
Continue to Wiimmfi
Wiimmfi lets you play games online after the discontinuation of Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. This is optional to install.
Continue to WiiLink24
WiiLink24 lets you use the Japanese-exclusive Wii no Ma channel. This is optional to install.
If you get error 107245, then you probably have failed to patch your IOS correctly.
If you get error 107304, then perhaps your ISP blocks the use of custom DNS. A workaround for this can be running your own DNS server! See the RiiConnect24 DNS Server on GitHub, then use your PC’s IP address in place of our DNS in Step 8.
If you get error FORE000006, your Wii’s clock is probably set incorrectly. Set it to the correct date and time, then wait no more than an hour and the Forecast Channel should start working.
If you’re getting errors such as
WiiConnect24 and Wii Shop Channel currently not being offered in your country, go to Wii Settings -> Last Page -> Country and change it to United Kingdom. You will get this error when using a country that we don’t support. Contact us at [email protected] if you need more help.
Continue to site navigation
We have many other tutorials that you might like.