How risky is hacking my console?
Bricks (a state where either some parts of your Wii software are not working, or your Wii is not working at all) are now basically impossible unless you ignore/circumvent all safety checks.
Where should I go for support?
What are the SD card requirements and/or recommendations?
You will need an SD card with at least 128MB to run an exploit.
- If you are using the LetterBomb/Wilbrand exploit, your SD card should be no larger than 32 GB.
- If you are using the Super Smash Bros Brawl exploit, your SD card should be no bigger than 2 GB.
To store homebrew applications, we recommend an SD card with atleast 2 GB.
I got error XXXXXX in Wiimmfi, how to fix it?
In order to check what error that is, please visit the Wiimmfi error page.
What are the limitations in vWii modding?
The following is a list of things that can potentially BRICK your vWii (don’t do these things!):
- Installing IOS for a Wii console on vWii.
- Installing Wii menu themes not formatted correctly for vWii and/or your region.
- Installing BootMii and/or Priiloader/Preloader.
- Failure during the install of crucial system/IOS titles (e.g. power outage).
- Modifying the vWii NAND without knowing what you are doing.